About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC
I specialize in affordable chic & e-design. I love color, pattern, and finding the look for less. No matter your location or budget, I can help you! I'm a wife, mother, accessories wizard, art junkie, and fan of all types of design. I also work out of my house while also being a stay-at-home-mom to 2 young girls. So I know about being on a budget!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Copy Cat Design


If you are a fan of interiors blogs, then you already know that “copy cat” designs are a hot new topic. If you haven’t seen these yet, copy cat rooms are when a designer takes a high end room from a showroom or magazine and recreates it as they see it and for real people. When I say real people, I mean people like you and me that want the look of this room but don’t want the high price tag that goes with it!


And this my friends, is really what I do – getting the look for less. So I’ve created my own Copy Cat Room.  I was super inspired by the cover of the May 2012 issue of Southern Living. The key to this room is FABRIC - lots of it and lots of mixing colors and patterns. Shopping for fabrics is one of my favorite things to do! Let me know what you think!

Here are the images from Southern Living:




And here’s my room:






     1.Maxime Fuchsia Fabric - $27.98 / yard
        The original drapery fabric is to the trade only = big dollars. It’s printed to  
        mimic traditional Chinese ink and brush and is reminiscent of bamboo. My 
        version keeps the bamboo look at a fraction of the price. 


     2. Blue Cloud Vases from ZGallerie - $14.99
You cannot beat this price. One of these would be beautiful on a little gold cocktail table.

     3.Ballard Designs Auberge Chair - $649
        Ordered in the most affordable fabric, this chair is only $649. At that   
        price, you can afford to custom upholster in the below fabric.  

     4.Covington Belami Jacquard French Vanilla - $15.98 / yard
        A graphic print looks even better on a very traditional style chair. This     
        fabric also brings in that beautiful gold color of the original room.

        Lime leopard print fabric is so fun! Perfect for pillows.

     6.Annette Tatum Bohemian Ikat Diamond Teal - $8.98 / yard
        This ikat print adds another pop of color.  Again, perfect for pillows.

     7.Blue Octagon Geo Ceramic Garden Stool  - $320
        I wanted to bring in a little more of the blue.  Wouldn’t this look awesome   
        up against the white couch?

      8.Throw pillow - $45
         This pillow is made from Sunbrella outdoor fabric. It is a great option for   
         families with children and pets because it resists moisture and stains. Just 
         because it’s called “outdoor” doesn’t mean you can’t use it inside!

      9.Oscar Sofa - $1300
         I love the tufted settee in the original room. But something that size isn’t    
         always the most practical. This ZGallerie sofa is huge and has the tufting 
         on the seat to mimic the original sofa.

     10.Sterling Industries Distressed Gold Three Bird Table Lamp - $157
         The figurine lamps on the console in the original room are antique. This   
         gold bird lamp gives the same amount of interest and also brings in a  
         different finish. 




No comments:

Post a Comment