About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC
I specialize in affordable chic & e-design. I love color, pattern, and finding the look for less. No matter your location or budget, I can help you! I'm a wife, mother, accessories wizard, art junkie, and fan of all types of design. I also work out of my house while also being a stay-at-home-mom to 2 young girls. So I know about being on a budget!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Master Bedroom Makeover 1 - Mineral Obession

I’m currently decorating my master bedroom (after 8 years of dreaming about it!). I’m just starting my process, so I’m going to do a blog series to document it...


I wanted to share my latest obsession and a big inspiration point for my bedroom – minerals and stones! Minerals and stones seem to be the next big thing. Have you noticed they are popping up everywhere? Like these fab jewelry pieces. And I just received my summer 2012 Arteriors catalog and this stone accent lamp was a featured item. Retail price is $750! Think I’m sticking with my look for less. Keep reading to see!



             


What really got me started on this path were these pieces of mineral artwork by Mitchell Gold Bob Williams  - been drooling over them for almost a year. I HAD to figure out a way to incorporate art like this into my home. Unfortunately, these are about $300 a piece.


So, I searched and planned and I found these stones that have gorgeous shine, interesting irregularities, and TONS of interest.  They are not as rocky and the frames aren’t silver, but you gotta compromise somewhere. I took an 8x10 frame and layered extra paper and spacers on the back to make it a little more like a shadow box. 

Again, my photography skills are big time lacking – I have a dark house with bad lighting.
But here’s my look for less!
What do you think?



I did a series of 6 – 2 purples, 2 teals, and 2 grays.
I’m planning on hanging 3 vertically on each side of my bed like this pic below. THE WALL COLOR WILL BE PAINTED A DARK DOVE GRAY. Right now it doesn't look that great. I just threw them up there to share on the blog :)

But even 1 or 2 of these makes a great impact. They can be used as a tabletop frame to layer behind books on a console table or in bookshelves.



If you live in Charlotte and would like your own framed mineral, message me on my Facebook page. A set of 6 is $299! I will also sell individually for $49 each. Each one is different and colors come in neutrals/gray, browns/orange, blues, purples, and fuchsias. Frame is white with white mat/cream background. Size 8x10. You can pick your own color combination. Just message me to get started!




No comments:

Post a Comment