About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC
I specialize in affordable chic & e-design. I love color, pattern, and finding the look for less. No matter your location or budget, I can help you! I'm a wife, mother, accessories wizard, art junkie, and fan of all types of design. I also work out of my house while also being a stay-at-home-mom to 2 young girls. So I know about being on a budget!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How to Display Toddler Art


I love my daughter's precious artwork from preschool. I can't wait until she's a little older and brings home some pieces I can permanently put in some chunky gold frames. I tell a lot of clients to rock that look - it mixes in well with photographs and other "real" art. But for now, her art is a lot of popsicle sticks, plates, and other three dimensional pieces. So, how do you display it creatively? 

I found the solution while designing a toddler playroom for a client. I created a gallery wall of empty frames! Keep a roll of painter's tape hidden nearby and tape up the art inside each frame (roll the tape under each corner so you don’t see it). When new art comes in, just pull the old down and tape up the new. Without the glass you can display so many more things. And I don't know about you, but I'm a slacker about changing out pictures once something is framed and put up on the wall. Taking away the glass and backing of the frame eliminates the hassle of replacing pictures.

As usual, my pictures do NOT do this justice.  Here’s a close up of the gallery wall.



My client’s daughter loves art also, so I focused on this art wall the most. Circle chalkboard decals are at her height to doodle. We also stored art supplies in cute plastic containers up on the bookshelf. A drawing table and chairs completes that side of the playroom. I love doing children’s rooms! 

Here's the before:



 Here are some afters:




    

No comments:

Post a Comment