Here's my plan:
- Keep the vintage sink and cabinet (already put new faucet on) and just give it a fresh coat of high gloss black paint. Everything else will go.
- Replace the cheapola chrome vanity light
- Replace the mirror over sink
- Paint the walls a fun color
- Add some fabulous funky art
- And here's the big change and DIY project: White and gold chevron painted floors!! Currently we have 1960's laminate. I'm going to attempt to paint it with porch paint. So please let me know, love the gold chevron floor or is it too much? Is chevron here to stay? I'd do it in a heart beat except this is not our forever house and I am a little skittish on my funk factor when the time comes to sell this house. Gloss chocolate quatrefoil kitchen backsplash, gold chevron floors? You hear me? So I need your opinion!
Here's what it looks like now. Yuck!
Here's a little room board of my plan to give you an idea:
Please let me know what you think about the chevron floor!!