About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC
I specialize in affordable chic & e-design. I love color, pattern, and finding the look for less. No matter your location or budget, I can help you! I'm a wife, mother, accessories wizard, art junkie, and fan of all types of design. I also work out of my house while also being a stay-at-home-mom to 2 young girls. So I know about being on a budget!

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Harkness Interiors featured in the Charlotte Observer Home & Design Section

I was honored to be featured in the Charlotte Observer Home & Design section last month! I received a call from them to talk about playroom design. They also featured pictures (a 2-page spread! Whoop whoop!) of one of my playrooms. Before and after pictures of this playroom can be seen on my Houzz page. I also did a blog post ages ago about the way I did a preschool art wall in this room.

I was hoping the article would be posted online as well. But alas, they don't link up every single article from every day. So y'all will have to see the article here from a picture. Sorry you can't read it.







Here are the takeaways:
  • invest in the right pieces of furniture that will continue to grow with your child. The right storage is key! 
  • add colorful, more child-like touches in art and accessories that can be easily switched out later. One of my favorite parts of the room was using this custom colored alphabet decal. Later, this will peel right off the wall. 


  • keep the color palette sophisticated, again, so it can grow with your child. Be very aware of this when converting a formal "front room" living room into a playroom. 
  • Have fun! Be whimsical! But steer clear of themes....



1 comment:

  1. Super cool! You're very talented. Congrats, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete