About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC
I specialize in affordable chic & e-design. I love color, pattern, and finding the look for less. No matter your location or budget, I can help you! I'm a wife, mother, accessories wizard, art junkie, and fan of all types of design. I also work out of my house while also being a stay-at-home-mom to 2 young girls. So I know about being on a budget!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Not to toot my own horn, but...

I’m gonna! I’m on the Home & Garden design team for the Charlotte Observer newspaper and they featured me today on how to use Tangerine Tango (the 2012 color of the year) in interiors.

My personal favorite part is my practical way to use this bold color (mostly because I loooooove DIY projects):
Buy a few 8x10 and 5x7 frames that come with a white mat in them (you can get these at Michael’s, Target, etc.) and paint the mat tangerine. Stick to either a solid black frame or a funky gold frame. Pop in some of your favorite black and white photos and you have some new, current, and affordable accessories. Once you get tired of tangerine, just replace the mat. I've featured images of this idea below. 

Read the rest of my answers in the paper here
NOTE: This article seems to have been taken off their website. Here's the page to read the rest of my answers:




I've also done a room board with some fun and affordable items featuring tangerine.



No comments:

Post a Comment