About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC
I specialize in affordable chic & e-design. I love color, pattern, and finding the look for less. No matter your location or budget, I can help you! I'm a wife, mother, accessories wizard, art junkie, and fan of all types of design. I also work out of my house while also being a stay-at-home-mom to 2 young girls. So I know about being on a budget!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

High Point Market 2013 - Some of my Favorite Finds

Market is like Disneyland for designers. Or should I say Vegas for designers? We spent 8 hours in the same building that had no clocks, no windows, and bartenders constantly offering free cocktails to entice you to spend more money. And it was AWESOME! It truly was a blast and I loved finding great products for my clients. Below are some of my favorite finds, broken down into categories. As always, my photography skills are lacking and these pics in no way do these items justice.

ART - I'm an art junkie, so most of my time at market was spend in those showrooms. I was in heaven.

First up is a new introduction of framed minerals from a high end art company. I'm giving myself mad props because I made my own version of these almost a whole year ago! What can I say, I'm always ahead of the trends :) And no, humility is not one of my virtues.





Abstract art is one of my favorite styles, so those always capture my attention for a while. I checked this one out specifically for a client:




I'm also loving the nod to angel wings. Trend alert! A lot of wings and feathers happening.

 
Wings of Love by Natural Curiosities

I stopped by the Natural Curiosities showroom because they use a lot of gold leaf and I haven't seen anything quite like what they do. I couldn't walk away from these one of a kind feather silhouettes on natural paper. Had to have one. I purchased the pink and silver version, of course. But here's a close up of a red/orange one also:


Feather Monoprints from Natural Curiosities

And I loved watching an artist create pieces on site. Did not want to leave that place.



LIGHTING

I have a huge love affair with lighting. 

My favorite ceiling fixture I saw was this huge lacquer drum pendant, appropriately named the "Penelope" (that is my sister's name!). I'll take one in every color please.



Loved these looks also:





FURNITURE


What can I say? Love love love it all.

Cocktail table with bone inlay
Awesome console tray table - it's huge!




 

The above chairs are quite possibly my favorite pieces. Not only are they gorgeous (AND in gold, AND black, AND navy blue), but actually so comfortable I didn't want to get up.

 

 


This hot pink cocktail ottoman was my last stop for the evening. As you can see, my wine glass was empty and while talking with the VP of this furniture company, I told him I was "born and braised" in Charlotte. It was time to go!



1 comment:

  1. Love the "braised" comment - you are too funny. Looks like a very productive trip and some fab finds!

    ReplyDelete